Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Inspiration for a Vintage Tea Party....

My beautiful daughter Olivia is turning 6 this March and to celebrate I will be piecing together a lovely Vintage Tea Party right in our backyard!

I found a stunning dress in lilac which will be the centre of the party's styling. The colour scheme for the tea party will be lilac, baby blue and cream/white!

Olivia's guests will enjoy delicious tea party food consisting of sandwiches, cookies, cake, cheesecake, meringues plus more!! As a "thankyou for coming gift" each guest will receive a lovely fascinator for their hair and a gorgeous ribbon wand...I wanted to stay away from the typical favors such as lollies and cheap party toys!

I want to create for Olivia and her friends a lovely little rest place where they can sit and enjoy some time out and so I will place cushions and a blanket, within reach of the food!! So they can take the time to sit and chat and relax!

For a little bit of fun, I will have a photo booth set up so we can capture some fun and silly moments of the girls and would love to have them take a photo home with them on the day as their momento of the day.
So, these are my thoughts and now to bring it to life!!

Here are some of my visions for her:

A gorgeous vintage dress in lilac from Chicoco

 Vintage tea cups and saucers

 Wire cake stand from Sweet Little Birdy

Delicious cake





I look forward to her day and I cannot wait to share it with you all!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave me your comment xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...